Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The in-laws

I have amazing in-laws, I have always said so.  They are the most supportive people I have ever met. 
My husband and I drove up and spent the weekend with them this past weekend.  We don't get to visit as much as we would like, so it was a good visit.  I of course decided to bring a lunch bag with enough food to get me through the weekend, because I am still on soft foods. 
When I get there my mother in law is making a huge pot of carrot soup.  Carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken stock....then puree it all.  OMG!  This stuff was so crazy good! She had wanted to make sure that I had something I could eat for dinner, so she had made it just for me.  It wasn't high in protein, so not something I would eat all the time.  It was just so thoughtful.  She had also made homemade apple sauce with no sugar.   I still had to eat the food I brought for other meals.  It was just really nice that she had gone out of her way to accommodate me. 
They asked questions.  They really wanted to know about my surgery, my limitations, what foods I eat.  They wanted to be educated on my new way of life. I enjoyed sharing it and helping them understand why I eat the things I do, why I cant have fat or sugar, how much I can eat.  I enjoyed talking to people who really just want to know because they care and they want to be a part of my new life.
Before we left to head up there my husband and I stopped at a Lane Bryant because we had a coupon and I am quickly running out of clothes that fit.  I got 2 cute shirts....in an 18/20!!!  What??!!  I was a 26/28 just 7 weeks ago. I could  not believe it.    Then today I went to Fashionbug (they are having a big clearance sale) and picked up 2 shirts in a size 1x thinking I could wear them in a few weeks.  I tried them on when I got home....they fit, in a few weeks they will be too big.  I love NSV's. 
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment