Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My fitbit

I got a fitbit ultra about 2 weeks ago.  I am IN LOVE with this thing.  I will tell you why. 

I have been VERY inactive for the past several years.  In the last 2-3 years I have been nearly immobile, and it scared me.  So I am a bit behind the curve when it comes to working out/physical activity.  The fitbit makes it easy and keeps me motivated.  My first day I got in less then 2000 steps. A lot less.  But I was OK with that.  It gave me something to build on, something to top.  So every day my goal has been to beat what I did the day before.  Even if it is only 5 extra steps...I am determined to beat yesterdays total.  I am up over 3000 now a day.  I know that isn't a lot for some people and I was almost embarrassed to admit it....but it IS a lot for ME. 

In short...this is an awesome little device. 

It quit on me this past weekend. No damage, no getting wet.  It just quit. I was sad, and worried.  The thing costs a hundred bucks.  I am not living on the streets but I am not rich either.  I could think of about 100 better things to spend that kind of money on rather than replacing a device that broke on me after 2 weeks.  So I emailed fitbit and told them what had happened. They are amazing. They are sending me a new one free of charge.  I didn't need a receipt, I don't have to send the old one back.  It was an easy and quick process. 

I highly recommend this little piece of technology. The equipment is great, and the customer service is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment