Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Surviving the FREEZE.

I have always loved winter.  My thermostat is set at a constant 68 degrees year round.  I adored the cold, because I was always so unbearably hot. 

This week we are getting our first taste of Autumn weather. Yesterday we had rain.  Tonight I am sitting here at my daughters soccer practice and the weather app on my phone tells me it is 63 degrees right now...and that we will see rain again tomorrow. A year ago I would have been sitting here in a T-shirt thinking it was perfect weather.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Boy how things change. 

I am sitting here in jeans and a sweater.  I am cold. As a matter of fact I am finding it hard to type this as my hands feel almost numb. I would kill for a warm travel mug full of sf hot cocoa or sf spiced apple cider. Who is this person? Since when do I experience "cold"?  The last time I was a bit chilly was on my honeymoon in South lake Tahoe...February 2, 2010. It was snowing and under 20 degrees.  I wore a sweatshirt.

How do I get through this when I am trying so hard not to buy clothes? The better question is how am I going to deal with things when it is 30 degrees, or when we go on our weekly family ski trips?  I am not cut out for this whole cold thing.  I have no experience with it. 

Tonight I may actually have to get the fireplace going.  Yeah, things really do change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment