Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Goals!

I realized today that I haven't really posted about my goals.  I haven't posted them here, I haven't talked about them on my YouTube channel.  I don't really know why.  I don't think I am trying to hide them or anything.  So today is about goals.  I am going to share some of mine. 

My surgeon has not given me a goal weight. He will consider my surgery a success if I lose 50% of my excess weight.  That would still leave me in the morbidly obese category, and I am not OK with that.  I will not consider that a success.  My goal weight for myself is 130 pounds.  I am 5'3.  Normal weight would be between 104 and 140 according to the BMI chart. I am actually fairly small framed.  So I settled on 130. 

But it isn't just about weight.  I have other goals.  I want to run a 5k. I know it wont happen soon, but it WILL happen. As a matter of fact...I am taking my first steps toward that goal this weekend!  I will be attempting to walk 5k to see if I can actually finish it. I am teaming up with a very special friend who will be attempting the very same thing this weekend. Incredibly awesome to have a friend with the same goals. 

There are a few others...but I gotta keep something for future entries!   :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment