Sunday, September 23, 2012

GPS is ruining my marriage!

Not what I thought I would be writing about today...but here it is.  GPS is ruining my marriage. Exaggeration?  Maybe.
My husband and I got our GPS unit as a wedding gift 2.5 years ago.  I love it.  I follow it.  I use it regularly.   My husband hates it, thinks he knows better than the "bossy" lady in the box (even if he has NOT looked at a map), and refuses to go where it leads him.  This leads to me wanting to beat him to death with the GPS unit.  Today we went on a 2 hour road trip to drop off his grandmother and then 2 hours home.  We went to a city we had never been before, to eat at a place we had never been before. He did not know where we were going...yet he still got snippy with me the second I turned on the GPS to program in our coordinates.  The trip did not start off well....because I was dumb enough to let him drive. 
Is it all men?  Or just mine?  He seriously had me change the voice on our unit to the Australian lady for like a year because she sounded less bossy.  I had to switch it back finally because she couldn't pronounce any of our street names correctly.
On the weight loss front things are good.  I have discovered that I really HATE eating out now. We went to Denny's yesterday and Black Bear Diner today.  I ordered well, and ate within my plan. But I have a hard time logging nutritional info when I have to order a turkey burger then pull off the bun.  Plus I order without sauces or lettuce.  It is more hassle than it is worth, and I make better food anyway.  Wow, things really have changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment