Saturday, September 22, 2012

Blog, blog, bloggity blog.

Ok, here we go. Deep breath.  I am starting have started a blog!

My name is Jennifer.  On August 10th, 2012 I underwent gastric bypass surgery. I changed myself and my life forever.  This is NOT a blog for or against surgery.  This is simply my journey, as I live it.  I also make videos/vlogs on YouTube about this journey.  My highest recorded weight was 350 pounds.  I weighed 329 on the day of my surgery 6 weeks ago. Today I weigh 288.  I never thought I would be willing to share that number with any single person, let alone the whole world. 

I have a daughter, she is 7.  She is an amazing child, a wonderful person...and she inspires me everyday.  She is what finally made me see that I needed this surgery. She is active.  She likes to ski, she plays soccer, she loves to go on loooooong bike rides.  I want to do those things with her.  I want to explore new activities and new places with her.  I want to live to see her grow up and someday become a mother herself.

So if I make vlogs then why do I need a blog?  Well...I like to write.  I also feel that there are certain things that are better in blog format.  Plus I am totally trying to take over the internet, so come back and see me often. 

That is about it for tonight.  If there is anything you want to know please ask.  If you have the time and have not already watched them feel free to take a look at my YouTube channel.  Thanks for reading my short little intro.   

No comments:

Post a Comment