Monday, November 5, 2012

Complication?

I hesitate to call what I am experiencing a complication.  But that is the only word I know for what has been going on.  If you watch me on YouTube then I am sure you have already heard me talk about this.

I woke up last Thursday morning in some serious pain.  There is an area of my stomach above my belly button that looks an awful lot like a large hernia.  This area hurt, it was more swollen than usual.  Movement hurt the most.

So I went to the surgeon first thing Friday morning.  He took a look at it and decided that he does not think it is a hernia...but it definitely is SOMETHING.  So he has ordered me to wear an abdominal surgical binder until we know exactly what it is.  He is thinking possible muscle tear or muscle wall defect from surgery.  We just don't know.  I will be going in for a CT scan this week to figure it all out.  The binder has greatly helped with the pain.  I honestly don't feel much pain at all there today. 

I just wanted to keep anyone who might actually read my blog updated.  I will update as soon as I have any more info.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment